Safaricom Web Hosting? Hold my beer! Besides being known for taking over the telecommunication industry in Kenya, Safaricom has a stake in the whole website hosting stuff.
And that is why we decided to draft this simple guide into what they offer and whether you should trust.
You may think that because of their big name in the telecom market, Safaricom would be an instant hit, website owners throwing themselves at them…
‘Please, please, will you host my website?’
The look on your face 🤔 is enough to conclude that you didn’t know about this whole Safaricom Web Hosting thingy.
But by the end of this article, you will be much informed on:
- Safaricom web hosting pricing
- Safaricom contacts and location
- Hosting best alternatives
If you are looking for answers to some or all of these questions, continue reading.
Who is Safaricom Web Hosting?
Sincerely speaking, these guys need no introduction. But for those who don’t have an idea who they are here is a brief intro.
Safaricom is a publicly-traded company, listed as SCOM in Nairobi Securities Exchange.
Their journey of transforming lives began in the year 2000.
Among all the things they have done, M-PESA is on the top. It is a mobile money transfer platform that has changed millions of lives not only in Kenya but the whole of East Africa.
Their revenue alone (crossing $1billion annually) should give you a glimpse of their size and impact on Kenyan’s lives.
In a nutshell, they are Kenya’s telecom giants, leading with innovation after innovation, with the latest being Fuliza (overdraft M-PESA service).
Well, that you may know, but what you don’t know is that Safaricom is also dealing with website hosting services.
Safaricom Hosting Services and Pricing
Here are the services offered:
Cloud shared hosting
There are four packages to choose from:
- Bronze – costs KES 1500 per year, making it perfect for small businesses. 50MB storage, 5 email accounts, Cpanel, etc.
- Gold package – costs KES 4K per year. Gives you everything you need to grow online
- Premium package – goes for KES 5K paid annually.
- Enterprise plan – sets you back KES 7100 per year but turbo-boosts your business online. Comes with 100GB storage space, 1000 email accounts, cPanel license, etc.
All their plans come with free website builder.
Something to note:
The prices listed here are not final, they may have changed since I published this guide.
Besides hosting websites, they also offer domain registrations in Kenya.
All you have to do is visit https://domains.safaricom.co.ke/ and start searching your preferred domain to see if it’s available.
Safaricom email services
With their website and email services, you can get a professional-looking email address and instantly boost your credibility.
To do that, you get a chance to choose a unique domain name and generate an email address from it.
Here is why this is the best thing that ever happened to your business:
1. Comes with a free website builder which means you don’t have to know any coding to design a website
2. Online self-provisioning of service.
3. It is easy to use, affordable and you don’t need to buy any hardware or software.
4. Host not only your emails but also the website.
5. With multiple email accounts, all of your employees can have personal accounts customized with their names
6. Payment is made yearly and upfront (in full) before service is activated.
You can contact Safaricom hosting through any of the following channels:
Customer Support Team
PrePay: Call 100 (Free), SMS 100(Free) Or +254 722 002100 (chargeable)
Email: [email protected]
PostPay: 200 (Free),SMS 200(Free) Or +254 722 002200 (chargeable)
Email: [email protected]
Data Queries: m[email protected]
Safaricom hosting best alternatives
Here are the best hosting providers in Kenya